The Health Benefits of Fruit Infused Water, Juice, and Smoothies!
What is Infusing Water?
Infusing water is the practice of putting whole fruits, vegetables, and/or herbs into water!
Water is extremely important for sustaining our lives, and we can’t live very long without it! Even the smallest parts in our bodies, cells, can only function properly with the help of water! This is why infusing water with fruits, herbs, and vegetables can be most beneficial to our health. Fruit and Herb infused water provides us with hydration and the nutrients our bodies need.
Health Benefits of Infusing Water:
1. Hydration. Drinking plain water is pretty boring for some. Infusing fruits into your water can make drinking water a little more fun! The more you drink, the better hydrated your body will be.
2. Detoxification. The water and the fruit in infused water work together to cleanse your body of toxic buildup. This will also give your immune system a little boost from any toxins that were working against it.
3. Less Sugar. Infused water has no additive sugars like sodas, and juices. The sugar in the water comes naturally from the fruit or herbs you put inside. Perfect for those who are watching their sugar intake!
4. More Nutrition. Infused Water has many more nutrients inside that regular water! Because you include the rinds and peels of fruits in the water, you reap the benefits of the high levels of antioxidants and nutrients in the peels.
What is Juicing?
Juicing is the process of extracting and separating juice from their fruits and vegetables.
Juices are perfect for getting the variety of nutrients and vitamins that your bodies need! If you don’t enjoy the taste of a certain vegetable, try juicing it with a fruit that might complement its flavor. Now you’ll enjoy that vegetable that you never liked the taste for while supplying your body with a nutritious juice!
Health Benefits of Juicing:
1. Variety. Juicing makes it fun to eat a variety of different kinds of fruits and vegetables! Eating a variety is important to make sure you’re getting all the nutrients and vitamins your body needs.
2. Easy Digestion. Fresh juice requires little digestion, so the digestive system doesn’t need to work too hard to distribute the nutrients into your body.
3. Quick Nutrient Distribution. Because the fruits and veggies are in liquid form, it is easier for the nutrients and vitamins to be distributed throughout the body.
4. Good Source of Nutrients. Juice provides the body with many antioxidants which improve the immune system immensely.
What is Blending?
Blending is combining whole fruits, vegetables, and or herbs in a blender to make a smoothie!
Smoothies are great if you are on the go or in a hurry and you skipped breakfast. If you put whole fruits and vegetables in the smoothie you get all the vitamins and nutrients from both the skin and the fruit itself. In addition you also get the fibrous part of the fruit to make you fuller and last longer till your next meal!
Health Benefits of Blending:
1. Curbs Appetite. Blending whole fruits and vegetables keeps all of the fiber in the drink, the makings for a thick smoothie. Smoothies fill you up easier than juices will, leaving you not hungry longer.
2. Less Fat Conversion. When you eat whole foods it takes us longer for our bodies to digest, giving our digestive systems more time to rid our bodies of unnecessary fats and oils.
3. Slow Even Nutrient Digestion. The thicker the smoothie is, the slower the nutrients will be released into our bloodstream which won’t cause an unnecessary spike in your energy or blood sugar.
4. Fiber. Blended smoothies provide a wonderful source fiber, and fiber helps regulate the digestive tract by ridding our bodies of toxins.